Animal Control is provided through the Police Department.
The City of Cottonwood Shores has a progressive thinking Animal Control Staff dedicated to the welfare and well-being of the pets in our community. We work diligently to improve the lives of these animals by educating pet owners of the importance ideas like spaying and neutering of their pets. We inform owners about animal care ordinances and enforcing these ordinances when owners prove unwilling or unable to comply.
We strive to:
1. improve the bond between pets and people
2. increase awareness of the necessity to spay / neuter
3. protect the welfare of the public by enforcement of animal control ordinances
4. protect the community from stray and dangerous dogs
5. investigate cruelty, neglect, and abandonment reports and prosecuting when necessary.
The animal impound pens are located behind the Police Department, at 3915 Cottonwood Drive.
The Animal Control staff are responsible to pick up all stray dogs within the City Limits of Cottonwood Shores
If you need to report a stray domestic animal please call the Police Department at 830-693-1410.